Wednesday, November 17, 2010

First Impressions

Greetings all! Welcome to my very first post on my very first blog! I don't quite know what I'm doing yet so please forgive me as I fumble...
I'm very excited to finally be sharing my art with the expansive audience that is the internet. I have been cutting silhouettes for about 6 years now, a creative outlet that was born out of my love for all things vintage & the desire to literally 'capture time' one afternoon while my kids were playing in the park. I watched my then 5 year-old boy & 3 year-old girl happily bounce up and down on the see-saw and had that familiar parental thought..."if only I could remember this moment forever". I then took a picture of them and that moment now stands proudly framed in my living room in the form of two silhouettes. I captured every sweet curve of their faces & curl in their hair, details which have changed slightly or faded as they've grown older.


I've enjoyed capturing the same important moments for others and look forward to creating new memories as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment